Monday, December 13, 2010

Gold, Gold, Gold!

By Eric

A few days ago we went panning for gold in a river. We had to scoop up dirt in the river that comes from the mountains.

First we swished it around the pan and picked the stones out. Then we looked for shiny gold. Easy as that! But we only found about 30 little pieces. A few days later in a museum I found out that 1 ounce of pure gold (the size of a ring) can be stretched out with a hammer to cover ten acres! That's a lot! I wonder how it could do that?

3 comments:

  1. I was hoping that we would have a millionaire in the family, keep looking ! Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cool! are you guys gonna keep the gold???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only found 30 pieces? Are you rich now? Are you ever coming home?

    I didn't know the amount of gold in a ring could cover that much, either. I don't think they have seen the wedding ring I gave Sharon! That might cover a lego brick, not ten acres!

    I agree with Oma - keep looking!

    JACKS

    ReplyDelete