Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Watercolours on Waiheke

By Hannah



We've been on Waiheke Island for two weeks now and have learned that many artists come to Waiheke for the beautiful scenery. So we decided maybe it would be fun to take water colour lessons. We found the perfect teacher at Bluefish Studio because she does watercolours and sketching. We met for our first lesson on the beach. It was the perfect place for painting with all of the wonderful hills, valleys, aqua coloured water and dark blue sky. We all painted and did a spectacular job (for beginners) and most of us were happy with our creations.
Our other site for a lesson was on a hiking trail where the cliff overlooked the water and a volcano! Mary and I got a shading lesson and then I went to an art gallery with Jennifer to see landscapes by Stephen Clark. It was amazing! I have learned how to do washes, layer colours and that “purple is the new black”.
We are hoping to fit in a few more lessons with Jennifer before we leave and if we can't, it has been a wonderful time with her.
Here are some of our paintings. Can you guess whose is whose?































































6 comments:

  1. Hi people it's Sarah again. I LOVE YOUR PAINTINGS!!!! I wish I could paint that good. I'm good at drawing but not very good at painting. Recently I've been into drawing dragons. Each person I draw a dragon for has a different appearance. Each one also has a stone. If it's possible to copy the pictures onto the computer I will try to post them. <3 Sarah H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys are all talented artists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! They are really nice! I finally got onto your blog.

    ,Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying your blog!

    J. Mail Picker-Upper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I who painted each picture ,you are all wonderful artist , you amaze me Martin. Oma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing artwork. I can tell Eric's for sure and I think I can guess at the others. I believe Martin's is the sailboat - looks just like his used to before it fell over in the windstorm last week. Did I mention that? Trish's is of the family? Hannah's the seascape and Mary's the shells? How'd I do?

    Great job all of you!

    ReplyDelete