Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Making a Hot Tub

By Mary

Today we went to the beach, not just any beach - a hot water beach. Most of you are wondering what a hot water beach is and I am about to tell you. As we walked down the frozen beach we stepped in a puddle, but again, not any puddle. This was a burning hot puddle!
We rented a shovel and started digging. We had to find a place that was not too cold or not too hot. If it was too hot you would burn yourself and if it was too cold you would freeze. Water heated by the centre of the earth comes up through cracks in the earth's crust and makes hot springs. Hot springs slowly rise up in different areas of the sand on Hot Water Beach.
After we were finished digging holes and our bodies were warm, we ran into the freezing ocean and jumped back into our cozy hot tub holes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary - your blog has inspired me. I am now digging in my back yard and have my very own mud-tub. It does not seem as warm as you describe yours, but I am eating chili tonight and hope that will fix the problem. :)

    Miss you,
    "Uncle" Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moo, Could you throw in some potato ,carrots onions ,celery and make some SMITTY SOUP, how long would you need timewise to all cook in it together?

    luv uncle CRAA in BC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! It's Lucy. I saw your video. It was odd, yet cool. I hope your having a great time!

    Love, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys it's Sarah Howitt
    I could really use that hottub beach soak right about now. School's kinda stressing, I've got 2 projects on the go, and I'm leaving for Ottawa tomorrow for Emma's dance compotition.I'll be there for 5 days so I'm going to miss 2 days of school.So what have you guys been up to, of course besides your awesome trip? Do you guys miss home at all? I would, the longest I've ever been away from home was for 3 weeks, but there wasn't any family there with me, it was an all girl camp. GIRLS RULE!!! no offence to the dudes. :P Have a good time.
    -Sarah Howitt <3

    ReplyDelete